Upside down

So finally I get some spare time to craft, other than wedding invites that is, which as yet I can’t show on here. Just enough time to complete a page in my journal. dsc_6118-2

I used Dylusions paints in Fresh Lime, Dirty Martini, Cut Grass and Polished Jade to create the backgound with a ranger distress tool and a Dylusions stencil called Diamonds. The birds are a Dylusions set called Put a bird on it which I stamped onto thick paper, fussy cut out and coloured using Spectrum Noir pens and also a metalic pink pen.


I used a stencil called Fond of Foliage to draw the leaves and coloured and doodled with various pens.  The words are from another Dylusion stamp set call The Right Words, I stamped onto thick paper and cut up sticking onto my page to form a triangle sort of shape with the birds. I used a black pen to scribble around the words. The inspiration for this page was the Dylusions Facebook Challenge,which this month was GREEN and TRIANGLES and FOLIAGE.



Its getting Chilly

Having a little break from paper crafts and knitting myself a scarf 🙂



my scarf.jpg

I’m using …… and size 41/2 mm needles.  the pattern is from a fab little book

its full of great patterns to use up odds and ends, especially for the scarfs as you dont need to worry too much about the type of yarn you use. The pattern I’m using is the Rhea Lace Stole, I’ve knitting it once in sock yarn, this one is looking very different but I love it.




Pink Delight


Another page in my journal for the Dylusions Facebook Challenge.

This one was “Use Pink Brown and Bunting”  Turkish Delight got inside my head so thats how this page started.  I used Bubblegum Pink and Melted Chocolate Dylusion paints, covering one page with each colour using a Ranger Distress tool. When dry i used I used Dylusions squares stencil and went over using the same colours. The words are Dylusions stamps which I coloured and used Glossy Accents on.  I added hearts, again with a stencil that once dry I doodled on and around with white pink and black pens. Do you remember the adverts? thats were the face came from.  A fun page …. thats what I love about my journal  its just for fun.

Lighted Glass Block

The two sides of a light block I made for a friends birthday.

To start I had to drill a hole in the top so that I could insert some lights,then came the decoration. I cut two stencils using dies for the swirly buds and the Silhouette for the bottle and glasses, I decided on different looks for each side so it could be turned to suit the mood, using etching cream over the stencil to give the frosted look. At this point I inserted the led lights. I wrapped the bottle with some wide satin ribbon and added the cotton lace over the top, securing with red tape. I made two bows to add to the top to cover the battery pack which I had covered in the same satin ribbon. ( easily removed to change batteries and leaving the on off button exposed) I added some roses to finish off.   Below are a couple of pictures with the lights on and a close up of the etching.



Today I’m showing two cards made in the same way but using different products which gave different looks.

I started by taping the white area with low tack tape so that I had a white border. The card on the left was done by sprinkling Brusho’s and spritzing with water to activate them. Lots of water and blotting with kitchen paper to get the colours to blend. I dryed it with a heat gun and then Stamped the Visible Image sentiment stamp with black Archival. I used a black pen to outline the coloured area’s.

For the card on the right I used Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Mica Pigments and spritzed with a mixture of water and Docrafts Spritzing Ink in white.  The bottle was “empty” so i added water and it turned white! It has a pearl shine to it so a total bonus:) I used the same stamp but this time used Distress ink, Aged Mahogany to stamp with and the same colour of Distress Marker to outline.  Lastly I added a little acylic heart.  I hope you like these cards and try out the technique.

I’m entering these cards in Less Is More Challenge –Dreams One Layer We'd love you to display our banner

Ian’s Mirror


What a fun project this was…. taking an old window and making this!

I did not work on this alone, helping a work mate to make this for her husbands birthday. I cut the stencil out of vinyl and placed it on the the old window, showing her how to use the etching cream. Once the etching was done I added the leafy pattern around the edge using a stamp from Inkylicious called Delicate Vines and Grandma’s Teacup Acrylic paint from Indigo Blu. Once she was happy with how it looked I went to work on the frame. I didn’t want to hide the “Vintage” look of it so added some brown emulsion paint and some watered down Buff It in Copper from Pinflair, just to add a little sparkle. We worked on it at luchtimes and after work and it did take quite a few days , but she was so pleased with it as was her hubby.

He’s putting it up in his man cave and is going to add some lights to it.


I’ll be on the lookout for more old windows 🙂



So today I’m sharing a card made using a free stamp that I got with Craft Stamper magazine. I stamped one directly onto water colouring card and again onto an acyrlic block and then transfered onto the card, that way I got two horses facing each other.  I coloured with Spectrum Aqua pens and lots of water! I added more circles around the horses and used glossy accents on the larger circles.  Once I was happy I die cut out and attached to my card base which I had coloured with the same Aqua pens but using more of the lilac one and loads more water. Lastly I added a little sparkle with a glitter pen.  I couldn’t decide on a sentiment so I have left it blank until I use it.


I am entering this card in Less is More Challenge Turquoise & Lilac

"Less is More"