For this project I started with a piece of corrugated cardboard, using a pen I scored along the groves to expose the ribs then I gave it a good coat of gesso. Next came texture paste and stencils.
Whilst that was drying I stamped the butterflies and coloured using Spectrum Noir pencils. The stamps are all by Sheena Douglass, Butterfly Effect and True Colours, the sentiments are also from these sets.
Back to the background now its dry…. lots of spraying and letting the colour run into each other and some blotting with kitchen roll, the colours I used were Dusty Concord Distress Spray Stain,Electric Blue, Mint and Gold Stone Docrafts Spritzing Ink. In this picture you can see the script stamping in black Archival ink and also the rings in Brown Archival . The netting is a scrap from a bridesmaid dress that my sister made for my daughter!
I shaped the butterflies before attaching, cut up the sentiment and coloured with the kitchen roll that I used to blot the background, then a little pebeo gilding wax on the raised areas and stop.